Metalcraft's Metal Barcode Nameplates are best-sellers year after year for good reason. These top performing tags are durable, versatile and reliable - making them the ideal choice for asset inventory tags.
What are the benefits of using metal tags for inventory asset tracking?
Using metal tags for inventory tracking provides a reliable and efficient way to manage inventory, reduce losses due to theft or damage, and improve overall efficiency in the supply chain. Benefits of using metal tags for inventory asset tracking, include:
- Durability - metal tags are highly durable and can withstand harsh environments, such as exposure to extreme temperatures, moisture, and chemicals making them ideal for tracking assets subjected to these types of conditions.
- Longevity - metal tags have a long lifespan, which means they can be used for many years without needing to be replaced. This makes them a cost-effective solution for asset tracking.
- Resistance to tampering - metal tags are difficult to remove or alter, which makes them an effective way to deter theft and tampering of assets.
- High readability - metal tags can be easily read using barcode scanners or RFID readers, which ensures accurate and efficient tracking of inventory.
- Customization - round metal tags can be customized with unique identifiers, such as serial numbers or barcodes, which enables easy identification and tracking of assets.
Why should you switch to metal inventory tags?
As mentioned above, metal inventory asset tags are more durable than inventory tags made of other materials. Durability can mean different things in different scenarios so let's spell this out a bit more. Metalcraft's Metal Barcode Tags are made of photo sensitive aluminum that seals the image within the anodic layer of the aluminum making them extremely durable and able to withstand the following conditions:
- Extreme temperatures - non intensified metal barcode nameplates can withstand temperatures up to 500°F for extended periods of time while intensified metal barcode nameplates can withstand temperatures up to 1000ºF for an extended period of time.
- Chemical resistance - metal barcode nameplates can withstand chemicals including strong acids.
- Abrasion resistance - metal barcode nameplates are extremely resistant to abrasion because the image is sealed within the anodic layer of the aluminum.
- Sunlight/UV rays - intensified metal barcode nameplates can withstand direct sunlight/UV exposure for more than 20 years
What challenges are there with inventory management?
Asset inventory can present a number of challenges for businesses, including:
- Lack of visibility - without a centralized system in place, it can be difficult to track all assets across multiple locations or departments. This can lead to assets being lost, stolen, or misplaced.
- Manual tracking - tracking assets manually can be time-consuming and error prone. It can be difficult to keep track of the location, conditions, and maintenance history of each asset.
- Maintenance scheduling - assets require regular maintenance to ensure they remain in good working order. However, scheduling and tracking maintenance can be challenging without an effective system in place.
- Depreciation tracking - assets lose value over time, and it is important to track this depreciation to ensure accurate accounting and tax reporting.
- Disposal and replacement - knowing when to dispose of or replace assets can be difficult without accurate tracking and forecasting. Retaining outdated or unused assets can tie up valuable capital and storage space.
- Data security - many assets, such as laptops or mobile devices, contain sensitive data that mush be protected. Tracking and securing these assets can be a challenge.
To overcome these challenges, businesses can implement asset management software, using barcode or RFID technology to track assets, conduct regular audits, and implement security measures to protect data and prevent theft. In addition, you can utilize resources such as our Ultimate Guide to Asset Tracking and our Asset Tracking Checklist, or reach out to an ID Expert at Metalcraft at 800-437-5283 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can metal inventory tags help with inventory management?
Metal asset inventory tags can be extremely helpful for asset inventory management in a number of ways:
- Identification - metal asset inventory tags can be attached to each asset, providing a unique identification number for each item. This allows for easy tracking of each asset throughout the inventory management process.
- Durability - metal asset inventory tags are durable and can withstand harsh conditions. This ensures tags remain intact and legible, reducing the risk of misidentification or loss of assets.
- Security - metal asset inventory tags can be designed to be tamper-evident or tamper-resistant, which helps prevent theft or unauthorized removal of the asset.
- Maintenance - metal asset inventory tags can be customized to be linked to database information about maintenance schedules, inspection dates, and other information related to the upkeep of the asset. This information helps ensure the asset is properly maintained and in good condition.
Overall, metal asset inventory tags can be an effective tool for asset inventory management, helping to improve accuracy, efficiency, and organization in the asset management process. For more information on metal inventory tags or to receive FREE samples and a quote, contact us at 800-437-5283 or email@example.com today!
About the Author: Julia Deets
Julia Deets joined Metalcraft in 1999 as the Marketing/New Product Director. Julia has held numerous roles during her career with Metalcraft, all related to marketing and customer support. Her current position is as the VP of Marketing and Customer Experience. She has both an undergrad and a Master's degree in Organizational Communications from Northwest Missouri State University and the University of Northern Iowa, respectively.